Thursday, February 20, 2014

“The Happiness and Sadness of Firefighter”



This is my story begins.....
My name is Carly Janson, I was born on September 1st 1995 in NYC (New York City), now I am 18 years old and live in a small city, named Atlanta in Georgia. I am happy to be here, because the air is still fresh and not really crowded. I live in a beautiful and clean but simple house. The house is warm enough with presents of the man which is I love so much. His name is Robert Janson, he is my beloved grandfather who always accompany me everywhere I am. My grandfather is 63 years old and he is a chief of firefighter in district Arba.  
***
This is my summer holiday, three months without study in school. I am confused to decide what should I do in this holiday. Last year, I joined a leadership training in a month and I got a part-time job in “Smile Cafe” in two months. In this year, my grandfather offers me to join in his office, not to be a firefighter but just help him to manage his data. I am still thinking about that offers, my friends also invite me to go to Indonesia to join volunteer over there, but I can not leave my grandfather alone. I think that I will look for a part-time job as the previous year.
From now on, I have decided to work in “Smile Cafe” like last year and have refused my grandfather’s offer. On wednesday, I have to work until 11 p.m. and like usual before I go back to my house I have to clean the cafe up, but suddenly there is a fire that seems like will burn everything in that cafe, I am so surprised and freeze in front of the fire. Until my friends together call me many times, “Hei Carly stay away from that fire, get out from this cafe. Come on! It’s dangerous.” They are screaming. With unconscious, I answer “Ahhh...” I am just realized that the fire begins to be a huge fire. I scream and run so fast with the tears stream down on my face, my heart beats harder and it feels like time escapes me. When I am in the outside of the cafe, I am just silent and did not speak anything, I am speechless and all of my body is trembling. Until the firefighter come and my grandfather suddenly hugs me from behind me. I just cry and can not speak anymore. Finally, I go home with my grandfather.
When I arrive in my house, I remembered everything 13 years a go in New York. This accident reminds me with something bitter in my life when I was child. A big house in the middle of the town, there was a huge fire that burned the house caused it occupants became victims. My parents dead in that case, meanwhile I was saved by a firefighter, after that event, I am scared with a big fire. Then, my grandfather carried me to his house in Arba, Atlanta and live happily together there. Now in my bedroom, my grandfather sits and tries to talk to me after that accident in “Smile Cafe”, “Ehmm, Carly I know what you feel, calm down baby. Everything will be alright, now you are here with me, don’t be scared.” I am just silent and don’t say anything.
In the morning, I wake up and look at the window. I talk to my self not to be scared anymore with fire. I have decided to join my grandfather in his office to work there. For the first time, I just say that I want to help him to manage his data, but I say the truth that actually I want to join to be a firefighter in order to make me not scared anymore with fire. My grandfather don’t want me to be a firefighter, because it is too dangerous. But finally, my grandfather permit me to join a firefighter training with all the requirements, he will teach me by himself. It is really cool and fantastic when I join the firefighter training and actually in that place, there is a charming man. He is a firefighter training too. His name is Mike. We are very closed during this training. It makes me have many effort to be a firefighter.
***
One day, when we have finished our training in the evening, suddenly the bell ring, sign that there is a burnup. My grandfather said that it is in Lucia Apartment. I am very surprised because that apartment is Mike’s apartment, he ever said that in his apartment there are only his mother and his sister who is just 5 years old. Without my grandfather’s knowing, I go to the Lucia apartment and see Mike cries in front of the apartment with her mother. I hear a firefighter is talking about a child 5 years old trap in 7th floor in room 207. I guess that she is Mike’s sister. Soon I take all of my equipments and reach that room. I hear a child is crying, I try to enter the bathroom, but suddenly fire burn my hand and when I try to open the door, it falls down to my body. I feel my body can not move anymore and I am dying, but I remember when I was child when a firefighter saved me although he was injured. I try to get up and move the door, I look my hand and it is really painful. I look for the child, she hides herself in the bath up. I reach her and give the oxygen to her. I run so fast but the fire close the exit way. I can not go out from this room. I force my self and wrap the child’s body with my fire cloth. Yes, I did it! I can carry her to her mother and brother. People surrounds me give applause and when I open my helmet, Mike is really surprised and suddenly hug me tightly. He is really thankful and ask about my condition. He carries me to hospital to take care of my injured.
***
I do not need a lot of time to recover and now, I attend the appreciation night of my heroic action by the governor. When I get that appreciation and stand on the stage, I start to give a speech. “I give it to my beloved parents in a heaven, I do miss you and I will save people from the fire in order to make them not like you. I also want to say thanks to my beloved grandfather because he has trained me. Thank you so much, I love you all.” Suddenly when I want to go down from the stage, Mike pick me up on the stage brings a flower in his right hand and kneeling. He say confidently, “Carly, thanks for saving my sister and thanks for keeping me in your heart, I LOVE YOU so much....” he hugs and kiss my forehead.
It is unforgettable moments, The sweet and bitter to be a firefighter. A happiness and sadness that I get to be a real firefighter.

---- The End ----

No comments:

Post a Comment